Kolkata Knight Riders pacer Morne Morkel has been reprimanded for breaching the Indian Premier League (IPL) code of conduct by using “insulting language” during his team’s match against Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB).
“Morkel admitted to the level 1 offence (Article 2.1.4) of using insulting language during the match,” said a statement from the tournament organisers on Friday.
The Knight Riders beat RCB in a thriller at Sharjah Cricket Stadium om Thursday.
The statement added: “For Level 1 breaches of the IPL Code of Conduct, the Match Referee’s decision is final and binding.”
In another game yesterday, Shane Watson of Rajasthan Royals was fined USD 20 000 for maintaining a slow over rate during the Chennai Super Kings innings.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest