Kolkata Knight Riders pacer Morne Morkel has been reprimanded for breaching the Indian Premier League (IPL) code of conduct by using “insulting language” during his team’s match against Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB).
“Morkel admitted to the level 1 offence (Article 2.1.4) of using insulting language during the match,” said a statement from the tournament organisers on Friday.
The Knight Riders beat RCB in a thriller at Sharjah Cricket Stadium om Thursday.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The statement added: “For Level 1 breaches of the IPL Code of Conduct, the Match Referee’s decision is final and binding.”
In another game yesterday, Shane Watson of Rajasthan Royals was fined USD 20 000 for maintaining a slow over rate during the Chennai Super Kings innings.