Explosive South Africa batsman David Miller believes three back-to-back wins in the Indian Premier League are “phenomenal” for Kings XI Punjab spirit and having a “more balanced team” than previous editions is making things easier for the franchise.
“It’s a lot more balanced team,” 24-year-old Miller said when asked what he feels is clicking for the team this season.
He also said that the current side has “match winners” as well as good back-up players.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Miller struck brilliant half centuries in the first two matches against Chennai Super Kings and Rajasthan Royals.
Heaping praise on Glenn Maxwell, who scored brilliant knocks of 95, 89, 95, the last one against Sunrisers Hyderabad, Miller said the Australian is in great touch and capable of tearing apart even the good bowling attacks.
Punjab notched up a crushing 72-run win over Sunrisers Hyderabad, wth Maxwell producing yet another blistering knock from 43 balls.
He said that Virender Sehwag has also contributed at the top order while Laxmipathy Balaji has impressed with his bowling.
“The team wants to keep winning and carry on the momentum,” Miller told PTI over phone.
The Punjab outfit, who have only once qualified for the knockout stage in the six editions of the event, this season also have the likes of Cheteshwar Pujara, Mitchell Johnson and captain George Bailey, spinner Murali Kartik in the side.
While the team’s batting has been exceptionally good, Miller felt that the team has scope of improvement in the fielding department.
Asked what was the difference he felt in the weather in Abu Dhabi and playing in India in summers, Miller said, “the weather in Dhabi is hot and dry, but the evenings are not too bad.”