Explosive South Africa batsman David Miller believes three back-to-back wins in the Indian Premier League are “phenomenal” for Kings XI Punjab spirit and having a “more balanced team” than previous editions is making things easier for the franchise.
“It’s a lot more balanced team,” 24-year-old Miller said when asked what he feels is clicking for the team this season.
He also said that the current side has “match winners” as well as good back-up players.
Miller struck brilliant half centuries in the first two matches against Chennai Super Kings and Rajasthan Royals.
Heaping praise on Glenn Maxwell, who scored brilliant knocks of 95, 89, 95, the last one against Sunrisers Hyderabad, Miller said the Australian is in great touch and capable of tearing apart even the good bowling attacks.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Punjab notched up a crushing 72-run win over Sunrisers Hyderabad, wth Maxwell producing yet another blistering knock from 43 balls.
He said that Virender Sehwag has also contributed at the top order while Laxmipathy Balaji has impressed with his bowling.
“The team wants to keep winning and carry on the momentum,” Miller told PTI over phone.
The Punjab outfit, who have only once qualified for the knockout stage in the six editions of the event, this season also have the likes of Cheteshwar Pujara, Mitchell Johnson and captain George Bailey, spinner Murali Kartik in the side.
While the team’s batting has been exceptionally good, Miller felt that the team has scope of improvement in the fielding department.
Asked what was the difference he felt in the weather in Abu Dhabi and playing in India in summers, Miller said, “the weather in Dhabi is hot and dry, but the evenings are not too bad.”