It’s been 24 hours since Piyush Chawla scored the winning runs for KKR but he still can’t hide the excitement in his voice. In a chat with The Indian Express, Chawla speaks about the “four and six” that sealed the win. EXCERPTS:
Did you expect Mitchell Johnson to bowl a short ball at you?
He had bowled five yorkers. My mind said he will now bowl a bouncer. He was targeting my ribs but I had told myself that whatever it takes I will connect the ball. So when he bowled that short ball, I went for the pull. That shot changed the equation of the game.
Did you ever feel that game was slipping away from KKR?
When they scored 199 runs, we knew it will be tough. But Manish Pandey played a gem of an innings. It was a team effort that brought us back in the game.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
You have been part of several close games in the past so last night scenario wasn’t a new experience for you?
Yes but no one remembers those games. One four and the whole world now knows that Piyush Chawla can bat. I have scored more than 4000 first class runs and have few centuries too. When I was in Kings XI Punjab few years ago I had won matches in last over. Even for my state UP, I have won games in final overs.
After that winning shot, you almost ran an entire lap of the stadium.
I have never shown such emotions. It was one of those rare day. This helps me to return to the limelight.
With T20 over, will you be playing county cricket again?
I need some break now and this time I won’t be playing county cricket as we will be playing Champions League. Whenever I have returned home for a break I have received good news. So I’m keeping my fingers crossed.