It’s been 24 hours since Piyush Chawla scored the winning runs for KKR but he still can’t hide the excitement in his voice. In a chat with The Indian Express, Chawla speaks about the “four and six” that sealed the win. EXCERPTS:
Did you expect Mitchell Johnson to bowl a short ball at you?
He had bowled five yorkers. My mind said he will now bowl a bouncer. He was targeting my ribs but I had told myself that whatever it takes I will connect the ball. So when he bowled that short ball, I went for the pull. That shot changed the equation of the game.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Did you ever feel that game was slipping away from KKR?
When they scored 199 runs, we knew it will be tough. But Manish Pandey played a gem of an innings. It was a team effort that brought us back in the game.
You have been part of several close games in the past so last night scenario wasn’t a new experience for you?
Yes but no one remembers those games. One four and the whole world now knows that Piyush Chawla can bat. I have scored more than 4000 first class runs and have few centuries too. When I was in Kings XI Punjab few years ago I had won matches in last over. Even for my state UP, I have won games in final overs.
After that winning shot, you almost ran an entire lap of the stadium.
I have never shown such emotions. It was one of those rare day. This helps me to return to the limelight.
With T20 over, will you be playing county cricket again?
I need some break now and this time I won’t be playing county cricket as we will be playing Champions League. Whenever I have returned home for a break I have received good news. So I’m keeping my fingers crossed.