IPL 7: I knew Mitchell Johnson will bowl a bouncer, says Piyush Chawla

In a chat with The Indian Express, Piyush Chawla speaks about the “four and six” that sealed the win.

Written by Devendra Pandey | Mumbai | Updated: June 3, 2014 12:31 pm

It’s been 24 hours since Piyush Chawla scored the winning runs for KKR but he still can’t hide the excitement in his voice. In a chat with The Indian Express, Chawla speaks about the “four and six” that sealed the win. EXCERPTS:

Did you expect Mitchell Johnson to bowl a short ball at you?

He had bowled five yorkers. My mind said he will now bowl a bouncer. He was targeting my ribs but I had told myself that whatever it takes I will connect the ball. So when he bowled that short ball, I went for the pull. That shot changed the equation of the game.

Did you ever feel that game was slipping away from KKR?

When they scored 199 runs, we knew it will be tough. But Manish Pandey played a gem of an innings. It was a team effort that brought us back in the game.

You have been part of several close games in the past so last night scenario wasn’t a new experience for you?

Yes but no one remembers those games. One four and the whole world now knows that Piyush Chawla can bat. I have scored more than 4000 first class runs and have few centuries too. When I was in Kings XI Punjab few years ago I had won matches in last over. Even for my state UP, I have won games in final overs.

After that winning shot, you almost ran an entire lap of the stadium.

I have never shown such emotions. It was one of those rare day. This helps me to return to the limelight.

With T20 over, will you be playing county cricket again?

I need some break now and this time I won’t be playing county cricket as we will be playing Champions League. Whenever I have returned home for a break I have received good news. So I’m keeping my fingers crossed.

For all the latest Sports News, download Indian Express App

divya gohil
    Jun 3, 2014 at 7:05 am
    ગૂગલ જૂનમાં લોન્ચ કરશે એન્ડ્રોઈડ ટીવી ગૂગલ ટીવીનો પ્રોજેક્ટ ભલે શરૂ જ ન થઈ શક્યો હોય પરંતુ તેમ છતાંય ઈન્ટરનેટ... :fb.me/6mKrMWRTy
    divya gohil
    Jun 3, 2014 at 7:05 am
    ડિઝલમાં ભાવ વધારાને લઇ તીવ્ર વિરોધની શરૂઆત થઇ અન્‍નાદ્રમુક અને સમાજવાદી પાર્ટીએ ડીઝલની કિંમતમાં કરવામાં આવેલા... :fb.me/1sRhQlAY4
    divya gohil
    Jun 3, 2014 at 7:05 am
    ફ્રી એપ્લિકેશન જે આપની લાઇફ બનાવી દેશે સરળ ગૂગલ પ્લે પર ઘણી બધી એંડ્રોઇડ એપ્લિકેશન ઉપલબ્ધ છે જેમાંથી કેટલીંક... :fb.me/1lqciRBiR
    divya gohil
    Jun 3, 2014 at 7:05 am
    ભારતીયોએ સ્વિસ બેંકો માંથી 8500 કરોડ કાળા નાણા ઉપાડી લીધા વિદેશોમાં છુપાવેલ કાળુ નાણું પાછું લાવવાની પ્રવૃત્તિ... :fb.me/2UIslMIHM
    divya gohil
    Jun 3, 2014 at 7:05 am
    વડાપ્રધાન મોદી અને RBI ગવર્નર રાજન વચ્ચે મુલાકાત RBIની નાણાકીય પોલિસીની સમીક્ષાને ધ્યાનમાં લઇને આજે RBIના ગવર્નર... :fb.me/6X8fXXawQ
Live Cricket Scores & Results
Pro Kabaddi League 2017 - Points Table
Team
P
W
L
D
Pts

Pro Kabaddi League 2017 - Schedule
Aug 20, 201721:00 IST
Babu Banarasi Das Indoor Stadium, Lucknow
<!-- Match 39 -->
Inter Zone Challenge Week - Match 39
FT
Jaipur Pink Panthers beat U.P. Yoddha (24-22)
Aug 22, 201720:00 IST