Kings XI Punjab bought Glenn Maxwell for Rs 6 crore and after the Victorian’s 43-ball 95 helped his side beat the MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings by six wickets, it looks like the money was well spent. Chasing 205 run for win, Maxwell partnered David Miller and their 115-run stand helped the team beat Chennai. In an interview with The Indian Express, Maxwell talks about the tag of a million dollar player and his performance over the last one year. Excerpts:
On his match-winning knock
You could say it was one of the better innings that I have played. We were chasing a big total and the asking rate was over ten runs an over against a good opposition. I just wanted get a good partnership going and then take chances in the end. Initially, I did not bat as I wanted to but then luck was on my side (two dropped catches). Later I started batting well. .
On his partnership with Miller
We talked about how important it was that both of us were around and also about how we should score off every delivery. We never felt intimidated by the big total because once you start panicking, you end up playing loose shots. It was about keeping calm, backing your ability and enjoy your batting.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
On the million dollar tag
There isn’t any pressure on me to live up to the tag. I have done well in the last eight to ten months. I will try to score as many runs for the team as possible and do well in IPL. And hopefully, I can win more matches for the team and emerge as a big show.
On fellow Aussies in the team
Having Australians (George Bailey, Mitchell Johnson) in the same team definitely helps in making myself comfortable in the surroundings. It is much easier for a player when you have a couple of guys you know well. The atmosphere is great and you enjoy yourself.
His his past year
The last one year has been good for me. I have become better as a player and I got more opportunities to prove myself. I enjoyed every bit of it. I did well against India in India and I made my Test debut. I am looking forward to more responsibility.