Kings XI Punjab bought Glenn Maxwell for Rs 6 crore and after the Victorian’s 43-ball 95 helped his side beat the MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings by six wickets, it looks like the money was well spent. Chasing 205 run for win, Maxwell partnered David Miller and their 115-run stand helped the team beat Chennai. In an interview with The Indian Express, Maxwell talks about the tag of a million dollar player and his performance over the last one year. Excerpts:
On his match-winning knock
You could say it was one of the better innings that I have played. We were chasing a big total and the asking rate was over ten runs an over against a good opposition. I just wanted get a good partnership going and then take chances in the end. Initially, I did not bat as I wanted to but then luck was on my side (two dropped catches). Later I started batting well. .
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
On his partnership with Miller
We talked about how important it was that both of us were around and also about how we should score off every delivery. We never felt intimidated by the big total because once you start panicking, you end up playing loose shots. It was about keeping calm, backing your ability and enjoy your batting.
On the million dollar tag
There isn’t any pressure on me to live up to the tag. I have done well in the last eight to ten months. I will try to score as many runs for the team as possible and do well in IPL. And hopefully, I can win more matches for the team and emerge as a big show.
On fellow Aussies in the team
Having Australians (George Bailey, Mitchell Johnson) in the same team definitely helps in making myself comfortable in the surroundings. It is much easier for a player when you have a couple of guys you know well. The atmosphere is great and you enjoy yourself.
His his past year
The last one year has been good for me. I have become better as a player and I got more opportunities to prove myself. I enjoyed every bit of it. I did well against India in India and I made my Test debut. I am looking forward to more responsibility.