Kolkata Knight Riders skipper Gautam Gambhir was confidence personified and said his team will end up “winning most times” if it puts up a big score, which can complement the bowling attack it possesses. The seventh Indian Premier League kicked off with an emphatic 41-run win for Kolkata Knight Riders over Mumbai Indians, as Jacques Kallis set the tone with a 46-ball 72 before Sunil Narine completed the task with four wickets.
“We’ve got a very good bowling attack and if we put runs on the board most of the times we’ll end up winning,” a confident Gambhir said at the post-match presentation ceremony.
“A quality batter like Kallis knows when to accelerate and if either me or him stays till the 15th over we’ll get a good score. We have Morne’s (Morkel) pace and Narine and (Piyush) Chawla in the spin department and Vinay’s (Kumar) is pretty good at the death as well,” he added.
Man of the Match Kallis, who has retired from Test cricket, said it was nice to come back after a break.
“Had a good few months off. It’s nice to catch up with friends and family, but I worked hard on my cricket to help Kolkata this season. There was more bounce this season which suited. Kept the good balls out at the start and cashed it in the death,” Kallis said.
The South African veteran was full of praise for Morkel and Narine.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“Morne started great at the start with the ball and Narine was brilliant as well. I probably haven’t got too many years left and I’m just looking forward to having some fun in the middle.”
Though the first phase of the tournament has moved out of India, a large crowd trooped in to cheer the two teams. Mumbai Indians captain Rohit Sharma said there was a lot to learn from this defeat. “It’s disappointing, first game of the season. Lots to learn from this game. We will take the positives from this game, although there weren’t many.”