Rajat Bhatia’s clever medium-pace bowling and handy skills with the bat have made him a vital cog in the wheel of the Rajasthan Royals. The all-rounder, who has played for the Delhi Daredevils and the Kolkata Knight Riders previously, speaks about what makes playing for the Rajasthan Royals a different experience.
On the Super Over vs KKR
The good thing about our team is that we play smart cricket rather than aggressive cricket. As far as the last ball double is concerned, we knew that two runs will be enough to win the contest. When players like Steve Smith and Shane Watson are playing in the middle, there is no need to tell them anything. They knew about the equation. The captain (Watson) knew about the calculations. I don’t know whether KKR knew about this, but we knew what was required at that stage.
On the team’s target during UAE leg
To be honest, I don’t think there was any type of target. We always wanted to play good cricket. We have been supported by few very good players. We have a role model and mentor in Rahul Dravid.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
On lack of star power in RR
Every guy is a superstar in our team. That’s one of the reasons why they have been picked. If you are not a superstar, they wouldn’t have picked you. It’s not about Shane Watson or any guy who was sitting out. Everybody is getting chances. Back of the mind they know what type of role they have to play. We have already been told about the role we will be playing. Everybody knows that. It’s not like a foreign player will get a chance and domestic player will be sitting out.
On his bowling
This is something which I was doing when I was playing for the Daredevils and Kolkata Knight Riders and that’s what I’m doing here. I am doing the best I can. I am not here to bowl at 140-150 kmph. I am here to give my best, make the batsmen struggle and give less runs and pick up crucial wickets.
On playing for RR
I think they (RR) are more planned. They are more systematic. They know what to do. They have a plan behind each and everything, for each and every game. Some plans are successful and some don’t work. But looks to me that we are going according to plan and I hope everything goes right.