Rajat Bhatia’s clever medium-pace bowling and handy skills with the bat have made him a vital cog in the wheel of the Rajasthan Royals. The all-rounder, who has played for the Delhi Daredevils and the Kolkata Knight Riders previously, speaks about what makes playing for the Rajasthan Royals a different experience.
On the Super Over vs KKR
The good thing about our team is that we play smart cricket rather than aggressive cricket. As far as the last ball double is concerned, we knew that two runs will be enough to win the contest. When players like Steve Smith and Shane Watson are playing in the middle, there is no need to tell them anything. They knew about the equation. The captain (Watson) knew about the calculations. I don’t know whether KKR knew about this, but we knew what was required at that stage.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
On the team’s target during UAE leg
To be honest, I don’t think there was any type of target. We always wanted to play good cricket. We have been supported by few very good players. We have a role model and mentor in Rahul Dravid.
On lack of star power in RR
Every guy is a superstar in our team. That’s one of the reasons why they have been picked. If you are not a superstar, they wouldn’t have picked you. It’s not about Shane Watson or any guy who was sitting out. Everybody is getting chances. Back of the mind they know what type of role they have to play. We have already been told about the role we will be playing. Everybody knows that. It’s not like a foreign player will get a chance and domestic player will be sitting out.
On his bowling
This is something which I was doing when I was playing for the Daredevils and Kolkata Knight Riders and that’s what I’m doing here. I am doing the best I can. I am not here to bowl at 140-150 kmph. I am here to give my best, make the batsmen struggle and give less runs and pick up crucial wickets.
On playing for RR
I think they (RR) are more planned. They are more systematic. They know what to do. They have a plan behind each and everything, for each and every game. Some plans are successful and some don’t work. But looks to me that we are going according to plan and I hope everything goes right.