Chennai Super Kings coach Stephen Fleming feels that Mahendra Singh Dhoni is good enough to continue as a captain for three years but the New Zealander is not sure “whether he can continue playing all three formats” for that long a time. “I haven’t spoken to him on this issue. He is in fine shape and if he is fit, he can continue to lead for at least good three to four years. Having said that, I don’t know how long he will be playing all three formats. It’s pretty hard as India have such a tight schedule,” Fleming said.
Fleming has been the coach of Chennai Super Kings for six seasons now and shares a great rapport with Dhoni. “What I try to provide MS is with two months of enjoyment, so that he can come into Chennai side having taken a break from the Indian team. He loves his game and looks pretty comfortable man winning games for Chennai consistently,” Fleming said.
But for Fleming, who captained New Zealand close to a decade, feels that an international skipper has a shelf life of four years and beyond that can create some problems.
“Look Dhoni and Graeme Smith have been exceptions but I feel that an international captain has a shelf life of four years. After that it is easier to get back as another normal cricketer.
“If you have been the leader for too long, then it becomes difficult once you leave the job. You tend to miss the decision making authority and stuffs like that. In fact, I faced the similar problems after I quit captaincy,” he said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Fleming feels that Dhoni’s low-key approach of leadership suits the Indian team well. “Indians look for consistency and have a pattern. You don’t need too dynamic or too radical thought-process when you have players like Kohli, Dhoni,” he said.