The Delhi Daredevils have decided to temporarily trim their squad of 23 players to 20 with three of the domestic uncapped players, including local boy Milind Kumar, being sent home. Apart from Milind, the other two players who have gone back home are Haryana off-spinner Jayant Yadav and young Karnataka medium pacer HS Sharath.
“Milind, Sharath and Jayant have gone home for the time being. If they are required they would be called back by the franchise,” an IPL source told the PTI.
“Sending back a few players in the middle of the tournament has been a common practice among the IPL franchise for the past few years,” the source added.
Although a possibility remains that they might just be summoned back but it will possibly only be at a time when Daredevils are officially out of the reckoning and seek to give some of the younger players an opportunity to prove their mettle.
During their free-fall during their sixth edition of IPL in 2013, the Daredevils did give chances to players like CM Gautham, Bharat Chipli, Y Venugopal Rao for a few matches.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
With Milind gone, the distant but only local connect that the franchise had, is not there anymore.
For Jayant, it was also a tough road as he was the third specialist spinner after Shahbaz Nadeem and Rahul Sharma. With JP Duminy being considered as more than capable off-break bowler, there was very little possibility of Jayant making the squad on the back of his bowling.
Similarly for HS Sharath, the lanky Karnataka lad is also way down the pecking order. With Jaydev Unadkat and Mohd Shami being the two frontline Indian pacers, and Rahul Shukla of Jharkhand and Siddharth Kaul ahead of Sharath.