Australian batsman David Hussey was given the nod to play for Chennai Super Kings in place of the injured Dwayne Bravo by the IPL technical committee on Friday.
The Mahendra Singh Dhoni-led side had already signed Hussey in the Chennai squad a couple of days back with the Aussie joining the team soon after as he was in India as an IPL commentator for the host broadcaster.
The 36-year-old, who has played 69 ODIs and 39 T20s for the Kangaroos, has plenty of IPL experience, having featured in 23 matches for Kolkata Knight Riders and 36 matches for Kings XI Punjab in previous seasons.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
David’s elder brother Michael Hussey was one of Chennai’s finest overseas players, scoring 1691 runs in 46 games between 2008 to 2013.
West Indies all-rounder Bravo was ruled out of the tournament after injuring his shoulder while fielding against Kings XI Punjab during the teams’ first match in in the UAE. There have been quite a few injuries in this edition of the IPL with the technical committee approving all the requested replacements of the respective franchises.
Uttar Pradesh medium-pacer Praveen Kumar recently joined Mumbai Indians after Zaheer kHan bowed out with an injury while South African leg-spinner Imran Tahir was bought by Delhi as Nathan Coulter-Nile’s replacement.
Earlier Nic Maddinson of Royal Challengers Bangalore also opted out due a hamstring injury with Proteas batsman Rilee Rossouw beind added to the squad.