Australian batsman David Hussey was given the nod to play for Chennai Super Kings in place of the injured Dwayne Bravo by the IPL technical committee on Friday.
The Mahendra Singh Dhoni-led side had already signed Hussey in the Chennai squad a couple of days back with the Aussie joining the team soon after as he was in India as an IPL commentator for the host broadcaster.
The 36-year-old, who has played 69 ODIs and 39 T20s for the Kangaroos, has plenty of IPL experience, having featured in 23 matches for Kolkata Knight Riders and 36 matches for Kings XI Punjab in previous seasons.
David’s elder brother Michael Hussey was one of Chennai’s finest overseas players, scoring 1691 runs in 46 games between 2008 to 2013.
West Indies all-rounder Bravo was ruled out of the tournament after injuring his shoulder while fielding against Kings XI Punjab during the teams’ first match in in the UAE. There have been quite a few injuries in this edition of the IPL with the technical committee approving all the requested replacements of the respective franchises.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Uttar Pradesh medium-pacer Praveen Kumar recently joined Mumbai Indians after Zaheer kHan bowed out with an injury while South African leg-spinner Imran Tahir was bought by Delhi as Nathan Coulter-Nile’s replacement.
Earlier Nic Maddinson of Royal Challengers Bangalore also opted out due a hamstring injury with Proteas batsman Rilee Rossouw beind added to the squad.