Mumbai Indians skipper Rohit Sharma found it difficult to explain the consistent failure of his much-vaunted batting line-up stating that “nothing is working” for the team at the moment in the seventh edition of the Indian Premier League.
“Batting has been a problem for us. 126 was not the score we were looking forward to. You need to put up a reasonable total for the bowlers to defend. We kept losing wickets at regular intervals. Still some work is needed to be done,” MI skipper did not mince words at the post-match presentation ceremony.
One could sense the disappointment in his voice when he was questioned on what needs to be done to get out of the situation.
“Our batting needs to improve. We have tried things like changing the batting order. It’s not working out at all. Our batters need to step up. Hopefully, we would win a few matches when we go back to Mumbai,” the stylish batsman said.
Delhi Daredevils captain Kevin Pietersen lauded his bowlers for executing their plans to perfection.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“It was a 50-50 situation at the toss. Our bowlers were magnificent today (Sunday). We had a very lengthy meeting yesterday (Saturday) and the boys executed the plans perfectly. Can’t ask for anything more. M Vijay played an amazing knock, what a player,” the elated skipper commented.
Pietersen again reitirated that IPL is more of a “marathon than a sprint” where one needs to get the “momentum and keep doing the right things”.
Man of the match Vijay said that he would have ideally liked to finish the game but was happy that the team registered its second win of the tournament.
“The wicket was a bit on the slower side but I would have liked to finish the game for my team,” Vijay said.
The Tamil Nadu opener is satisfied with his current form.
“I have been hitting the ball well at the nets and have been able to carry my good form in domestic cricket into IPL”.
He also did not forget to thank the crowd in UAE.
“It has been great fun in Dubai as the crowd was amazing,” he said.