Parthiv Patel, who won Man of the Match award for his half-century against Mumbai Indians, showered encomiums on AB de Villiers for calming the roughed up proceedings and guide Rajasthan Royals to a convincing seven-wicket victory.
“I think I couldn’t have asked for any better person to come in at that time (when RCB was struggling at 17 for three). You know AB expectedly is one of the best batsmen in the world. He calmed the procedure down,” Parthiv said in an interview to RCB’s official website.
Parthiv said De Villiers took his time to settle down and asked him to take his time.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
“We were in a bit of trouble initially but AB came in and he handled the ship and I just had to take singles and after that I took over,” he said.
“I said (to AB) that we just need to bat 20 overs, and if we can do that we will win. We needn’t worry about the runs, just play 20 overs and that exactly what we did,” he said.
Parthiv said the bowlers set the game for RCB by restricting Mumbai Indians to 115 on a difficult wicket.
“The bowlers set the game for us on that wicket. Obviously it wasn’t easier, but our bowlers did a good job and restricted them to 115,” he said.
After winning the second game against Mumbai Indians, Parthiv said, “It was all in all good start for us in the tournament and hopefully we can continue this.”
Asked what is the key to his success and confidence these days, Parthiv said he has had a good domestic season and is carrying the form into the IPL this year.
However, the Gujarat cricketer said he had worked hard on his game and is glad to get results from it.
“I have worked hard on my game and I am glad that whatever work I have put in, (I am) getting results for it,” he said.