The Indian Premier League players’ auction for season 10, which will be the final edition under the existing 10-year contract, will be held in Bengaluru next month.
The IPL franchises’ workshop will be organised in Dubai, decided the event’s Governing Council in a meeting.
IPL governing council chairman, Rajeev Shukla, also said that the 10th edition of the cricketing tournament is likely to be held from April 5.
It was learnt that centres in Maharashtra such as Mumbai, Pune and Nagpur will be allowed to hold matches in the 10th edition of the tournament that started in 2008 amid much fanfare.
The IPL matches scheduled in Maharashtra had to be shifted out last year after outrage over use of water to maintain stadiums even as the state reeled under severe drought.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The IPL governing council also discussed the operational issues pertaining to the cash-rich league. In the meet it was decided that defending champions Hyderabad Sunrisers will host the opening ceremony and the final as per norms.
BCCI president Anurag Thakur, Secretary Ajay Shirke, GC chairman Rajeev Shukla, former India captain Sourav Ganguly, Jharkhand Cricket Association chief Amitabh Choudhary and Punjab Cricket Association President MP Pandove were present in the meeting.