BCCI’s senior selector committee announced India’s 16-man squad for the remaining three Tests against England.
Bhuvneshwar Kumar, who missed the first two Tests against England, is back in the squad as India look to strengthen their pace attack.
India, who are 1-0 up in the five Test match series after winning the second Test by 246 runs, have gone ahead with the similar squad without making many changes as Bhuvi replaces left-handed batsman Gautam Gambhir.
Meanwhile, BCCI team management had released Gambhir after he was included in Delhi’s Ranji team.
However, the hosts will rely on Murali Vijay, KL Rahul, Cheteshwar Pujara to provide them a solid start against James Anderson and Stuart Broad’s pace attack while Virat Kohli, Ajinkya Rahane and R Ashwin will remain the backbone of the batting line-up.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
The third Test, starting on 26th November, will be played at Mohali. This will be followed by matches at the majestic Wankhede stadium in Mumbai and finally, the series will wrapped at Chennai where the two teams will face each other at the Chepauk stadium. The five-match Test series is the first leg of England’s tour of India which will be followed by three-match ODI series and two T20 matches.
India squad: Virat Kohli (captain), Ajinkya Rahane (vice-captain), KL Rahul, Murali Vijay, Cheteshwar Pujara, Karun Nair, Wriddhiman Saha (wicketkeeper), R Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, Jayant Yadav, Amit Mishra, Mohammed Shami, Umesh Yadav, Ishant Sharma, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Hardik Pandya.
— Mohammad Kaif (@MohammadKaif) 22 November 2016
Gautam Gambhir left out of India’s Test squad for last three Tests. Rest of the 16 players from Vizag retained. #IndvEng
— Chetan Narula (@chetannarula) 22 November 2016