Australian pace legend Glenn McGrath feels that India will have a tough time during its upcoming tour of Australia at the end of this year after their disastrous show in England.
“I think Indians are going to have a very tough time in Australia. Last time, when the two teams met, it was in India and we lost 0-4. But we have come a long way since then,” McGrath told NDTV on Monday.
McGrath feels that this same England team were thrashed 5-0 by the Aussies during the last Ashes, so one could gauge what exactly would be in store for India.
“Australia has also defeated this same England squad 5-0 last year in the Ashes. So now you can well understand that how much tough it can be for India playing over there,” he opined.
While talking about the Test debacle, McGrath said,”The present team needs to do a lot of hard work. I don’t think that there is a single problem, there are a lot, so they need to fix the basics.”
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
“Though the bowlers did a formidable job, the fielding completely failed. You cannot miss so many catches and think that you can put the opposition under pressure. The bowlers created a lot of opportunities, but obviously getting no results out of that brings frustration.”
And above all the batting line failed completely which made the other players lose the confidence,” he said.