Australian pace legend Glenn McGrath feels that India will have a tough time during its upcoming tour of Australia at the end of this year after their disastrous show in England.
“I think Indians are going to have a very tough time in Australia. Last time, when the two teams met, it was in India and we lost 0-4. But we have come a long way since then,” McGrath told NDTV on Monday.
McGrath feels that this same England team were thrashed 5-0 by the Aussies during the last Ashes, so one could gauge what exactly would be in store for India.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“Australia has also defeated this same England squad 5-0 last year in the Ashes. So now you can well understand that how much tough it can be for India playing over there,” he opined.
While talking about the Test debacle, McGrath said,”The present team needs to do a lot of hard work. I don’t think that there is a single problem, there are a lot, so they need to fix the basics.”
“Though the bowlers did a formidable job, the fielding completely failed. You cannot miss so many catches and think that you can put the opposition under pressure. The bowlers created a lot of opportunities, but obviously getting no results out of that brings frustration.”
And above all the batting line failed completely which made the other players lose the confidence,” he said.