Indian women took an unassailable 2-0 lead in the three-match series against the West Indies with an emphatic five-wicket win in the second ODI.
The West Indies, for the second time in a row, put up an ordinary batting effort to end at 153 for seven.
India overhauled the target in 38 overs, thanks to opener Smriti Mandhana (44) and captain Mithali Raj (45). Number three Deepti Sharma too came up with a handy 32.
The series is part of the ICC women’s championship with the third and final ODI to be played on Tuesday.
The West Indies would have been dismissed for less than 150 if it was not for Deandra Dottin, whose 63 came after her team was struggling at 58 for four. She stitched a 70-run stand with Merissa Aguilleira to save her side the blushes.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Veteran Jhulan Goswami and Ekta Bisht were the pick of the Indian bowlers, taking two wickets respectively.
India were hardly tested in the chase. After opener Thirush Kamini departed cheaply, Mandhana and Sharma shared a 63-run partnership for the second wicket before the opener got out in the 26th over. India were cruising to a comfortable win at that stage.
Brief scores: West Indies 153/7 in 50 overs (Dottin 63; Goswami 2/28, Bisht 2/28). India 154/5 in 38 overs (Mandhana 44, Raj 45; Selman 1/18).