India vs South Africa ICC Women’s World Cup 2017: India lose to South Africa

India suffered their first defeat of the ICC Women's World Cup 2017 after South Africa beat them by 115 runs in Leicester. India needed 274 runs to win the game but were bowled out for 158 and lost their first game of the tournament after winning four in a row.

Match EndedICC Women's World Cup, 2017 - Match 18

India Women

158 (46)
vs

South Africa Women

273/9 (50)
Match Ended ( Day - Match 18 )
South Africa Women beat India Women by 115 runs
By: Express Web Desk | Updated: July 8, 2017 10:04 pm
India vs South Africa, ICC Women's World 2017, Indian Express India vs South Africa, Women’s World Cup 2017: India look to continue with winnings streak against South Africa.

India had won four out of four games before Saturday but they found the going tough against South Africa and suffered their first loss of the ICC Women’s World Cup in five matches. Despite the loss, India are second in the points table and still have a chance to reach the semi-final. South Africa posted 273/8 batting first but India could not get going in the chase. Only Deepti Sharma scored 60 runs while others fell like nine-pins. India were bowled out for 158 runs in 46 overs and South Africa won the game by 115 runs. By the virtue of this win, South Africa are now fourth in the points table and closer to the semi-final berth.

India XI: Smriti Mandhana, Poonam Raut, Deepti Sharma, Mithali Raj (capt), Harmanpreet Kaur, Veda Krishnamurthy, Shikha Pandey, Jhulan Goswami, Sushma Verma (wk), Ekta Bisht, Poonam Yadav

South Africa XI: Laura Wolvaardt, Lizelle Lee, Trisha Chetty, Mignon du Preez, Marizanne Kapp, Chloe Tryon, Dane van Niekerk (capt), Sune Luus, Shabnim Ismail, Ayabonga Khaka, Moseline Daniels

For all the latest Sports News, download Indian Express App

1. Itz Yusi Black
    Sep 6, 2017 at 8:18 pm
    I never thought i would be HIV negative again after been diagnosed in 2015, i have tried everything possible in life from one doctor to another, one hospital to another, series of tests, different kinds of medication, i had already lost hope until i meet Great Dr. OSAGIE online testimonies, a specialist in herbal medication from Africa, i contacted him (drosagiesolutiontemple OR DROSAGIESOULTIONTEMPLE YAHOO ) and he prepared HIV herbal medication for me which i took for 7days and now i am completely cured. i want to use this medium to express my gra ude to him for saving my life and curing me from HIV, for taking away all my pains and sorrows, I''m indeed grateful and i am so happy I''m now HIV negative. i will continue to tell the good news of your great works to everyone, if you have HIV or other disease contact him, Email: his email: (drosagiesolutiontemple OR DROSAGIESOULTIONTEMPLE YAHOO ) or His Whatsapp number: 2347030465649..
    (0)(0)
    1. Itz Yusi Black
      Aug 30, 2017 at 12:25 pm
      (0)(0)
      1. Bollagee Og
        Aug 13, 2017 at 7:33 pm
        I was in trouble when my doctor told me that i have been diagnosed with HIV/AIDS and i know my family will face a serious problem when i am gone i lost hope and wept most of the time, but one day i was surfing the internet i saw Dr. Ogbeide herbal contact number online i called him and he guided me. i asked him for solutions and he started the remedy for my health thank God,now everything is fine i am cured by Dr. Ogbeide herbal medicine am very thankful to Dr. Ogbeide and very happy with my hobby and family email him on (dr.ogbeidecurecentre ) or call him on this number( 2349033497969) or message him on Facebook with (Ogbeide David) He told me he also cure the following disease like Herpes, Tuberculosis, Asthma, small pox, . Cancer, gonorrhea HSV1, syphilis, HSV2, yellow fever, Hepa is B, goiter, HIV/AID ETC. (May god bless you as you ride this message
        (0)(0)
        1. Bollagee Og
          Aug 13, 2017 at 7:31 pm
          Hello every one? HIV cure is rely I want to share my testimony to the world, My name is Queen Johnson i am from Canada, I was a stripper in a club I got effected with HIV due to the nature of my job, In April 15 2013 i was tested positive to HIV, This is not design to convince you but its just a personal health experience . I never taught Doctor Ogbeide could ever get my HIV-AIDS cured with his healing herbal cure, i have tried almost everything but I couldn't find any solution on my disease, despite all these happening to me, i always spend a lot to buy a HIV drugs from hospital and taking some several medications but no relieve, until one day i was just browsing on the internet when i came across a great post of !Michelle! who truly said that she was been diagnose with HIV and was healed that very week through the help of this great powerful healing spell doctor ,I wonder why he is called the great Doctor Ogbeide i never knew it was all because of the great and perfect work th
          (0)(0)
            Deepak
            Jul 9, 2017 at 12:37 am
            Opener S.Mandhana was fortunate in scoring in the first two opener's..now she has lost her luck n rythem ...suggest the team comes out of their high horse and start playing seriously .
            (0)(0)