India-Pakistan clashes have always been one of the most exciting and thrilling competitions in cricket, just like the Ashes, if not better than them. Here’s a brief look back at the moments that make this a mouth watering and eagerly anticipated contest.
World T20 final (2007)
The final match of the inaugural World T20 took place between India and Pakistan at Johannesburg. This was the second time that the two teams were meeting each other in the same tournament but this time it was the final. India batted first and scored a decent 157 in their allotted 20 overs, courtesy Gautam Gambhir’s half century. In reply Pakistan were left tottering on 77 for 6 before Misbah-ul-Haq put the innings back on track. He along with the tailenders took the match into the final over where they required 13 runs off 6 balls. Surprisingly, Joginder Sharma was handed over the ball to conclude the proceedings. His first ball went for a wide and the next one was dispatched for a six. Pakistan were now left with 6 runs to score in 4 balls but Misbah attempted a cheeky shot which was miscued to Sreesanth at short fine-leg. India won the final by 5 runs.
ALSO READ: Yuvraj Singh holds a record
India vs Pakistan -Asia Cup 2010
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
India were playing Pakistan in the Asia cup 2010 when this thrilling encounter took place. India were given a target of 268 runs in 50 overs by the Pakistan team. The chase looked was on track as Gautam Gambhir and MS Dhoni scored individual half centuries. An exchange of words was witnessed between Harbhajan Singh and Shoaib Akhtar in the penultimate over of the innings and the real action took place in the final over. Mohammad Amir was given the ball in the last over and Suresh Raina was soon dismissed. Eventually India required 3 runs off 2 balls. Harbhajan Singh was on strike and the off-spinner clinched victory for India by smashing a six off the second last ball of Aamir.
India vs Pakistan-1996 World Cup
India have a hundred percent record of wins against Pakistan in World cup matches and this was the second time India were up against Pakistan in the biggest tournament. India rode on Navjot Singh Sidhu’s 93 to set a target of 288 runs against Pakistan. The measure part of this match was the clash between Aamir Sohail and Venkatesh Prasad. Sohail smashed a boundary off Prasad and pointed him to get the ball. In reply, Prasad clean bowled Aamir on the very next delivery. As is is said, ‘Its was a perfect reply’. India went on to register their second consecutive win in the World cup matches by 39 runs.
India vs Pakistan- World Cup 2003
Another World cup, another Indo-Pak match. The excitement level never decreases when the two Asian giants clash against each other. In World cup 2003, India and Pakistan played the group stage match against each other. Pakistan batted first and scored 273 runs where Saeed Anwar scored a hundred. Sachin Tendulkar’s 98 and Yuvraj SIngh’s unbeaten fifty marked India’s 6-wicket win in the 46th over. India ended as runners-up in this edition of World cup.
India vs Pakistan- World Cup 2011 Semi-final
In the year 2011, it was the crowd of Mohali who witnessed a World cup clash between India and Pakistan. It was the semi-final match between the two teams. India batted first and a superb bowling performance by Wahab Riaz put a halt on India’s run-rate as the home team eventually ended up getting 260 on the board in their 50 overs. The Indian bowlers in reply kept the required run rate rising for Pakistan as India seal final berth by 29 runs.
India v Pakistan- Asia cup 2014
Batting first India scored a modest total of 245 runs. The chase by Pakistan looked decent till the last over where they lost 9th wicket on the very first ball with 10 runs required. Junaid khan rotated the strike on the second ball and now Shahid Afridi was facing R.Ashwin. The dasher smashed two consecutive sixes off Ashwin to clinch victory by 1 wicket.