Two months after he scored his first double century in Test cricket, Virat Kohli once again achieved the feat of scoring a double hundred and hence becoming the first Indian captain to score two double centuries in Test matches. He scored the second double against New Zealand in the third Test in Indore, leading India to big total in first innings.
Kohli now has 13 Test centuries and 12 half-centuries in his 48 Test matches. Kohli also crosses the 3500-run mark in Tests during his innings.
Kohli’s first double hundred came in July earlier this year against West Indies in the first of the four Test in the Caribbean. He scored 200 in that match.
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
Kohli also ended his lean patch of no half-century in the last 11 Test innings with this double century. This is the first hundred of the ongoing India-New Zealand series.
Ajinkya Rahane also scored a hundred in the third Test against New Zealand is still unbeaten with Kohli. Their unbeaten stand is now the highest stand for the fourth-wicket for India.
India had reached 456/3 at Tea on Day 2 of the third Test with both Kohli and Rahane at the crease. India are aiming a clean sweep of the Test series having won the first two Tests in Kanpur and Kolkata.