Suresh Raina has returned to the India limited over squad for the first three ODIs against New Zealand after last featuring for the national side in the 50-over format in 2015 when South Africa toured the sub-continent. He had been left out of the tour to Australia in December-January and was also given a miss from the T20 team that played West Indies in Florida in August.
Newly appointed chairman of selectors MSK Prasad said Ravindra Jadeja, R Ashwin and Mohammed Shami have been rested.
Mandeep Singh has come into the side with KL Rahul and Shikhar Dhawan both out due to injuries. Dhawan is absent from the 3rd Test with Karun Nair coming in. KL Rahul had been replaced by Gautam Gambhir in the second Test.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
India open the ODI series against the Kiwis on October 16 with the first fixture in Dharamsala. The series is for five matches with the squad announced for the first three.
SQUAD: MS Dhoni (capt), Rohit Sharma, Ajinkya Rahane, Virat Kohli, Manish Pandey, Suresh Raina, Hardik Pandya, Axar Patel, Jayant Yadav, Amit Mishra, Jasprit Bumrah, Dhawal Kulkarni, Umesh Yadav, Mandeep Singh, Kedar Jadhav