Suresh Raina is still not available for selection for India’s third ODI against New Zealand as “he has not yet fully recovered from viral fever” but Rohit Sharma spent a considerable time at the nets in an indication that he could be a part of the playing XI on Sunday.
Rohit, who was in discomfort after getting out for 15 in the last game in Delhi, spent a long time in the nets as the Indian team underwent a routine net session ahead of the game.
All-rounder Hardik Pandya, who almost got his side over the line on Thursday in the second one-dayer, was not a part of the optional training session on Saturday.
Skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni, who failed to finish the game in Delhi too had an extensive session, playing both pace and spin.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Vetaran curator Daljit Singh has promised a batting surface for the third ODI. The pitch, which has been used once earlier in the season, sported a tinge of green less than 24 hours before the game.
Raina, who was ruled out of the first ODI at Dharamsala but trained in the nets for the second game in Delhi before being deemed unfit for that match as well, is set to miss the third ODI also.
“Raina is not a part of the squad for the Mohali match. It is a 14-member squad. He has not yet fully recovered from fever,” the team sources told PTI on the eve of the crucial game with the series tied at 1-1.
It remains to be seen whether he keeps his place in the squad post the third ODI, after which the selectors will announce the team for the remaining two matches.
Kedar Jadhav, batting at six, has done a decent job, not just with the willow but also with the ball in the series so far.
Raina was brought back into the ODI side after a gap of one year. He played his last match in October 2015, after which he was dropped for the ODIs in Australia and the limited-overs tour of Zimbabwe earlier this year besides the two-match T20 series against the West Indies in USA.