Statistical highlights on day three of the third cricket Test between India and New Zealand, here today.
# Ravichandran Ashwin has become the fourth Indian bowlers to bag 20 or more instances of five-wicket hauls in Tests, joining Anil Kumble (35), Harbhajan Singh (25) and Kapil Dev (23).
# Ashwin has taken his wickets’ tally to 213 at an average of 24.81 — the highest by a bowler after 39 Tests, surpassing Waqar Younis’ tally of 208 (ave.20.56).
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
# Clarrie Grimmett had claimed 216 wickets (ave.24.21) in 37 Tests in his career. Just two bowlers had recorded 20 instances of five-wicket hauls in fewer Tests — England’s Sydney Barnes in 25 Tests and Australia’s Clarrie Grimmett in 37 Tests.
# Ashwin’s tally of 20 five-wicket hauls in Tests include five vs New Zealand, four each vs West Indies, South Africa and Australia, two vs Sri Lanka and one vs Bangladesh.
# Ashwin has become the first Indian bowler to produce five five-wicket hauls vs New Zealand in only five Tests. Only four bowlers have registered six instances of five-wicket hauls vs New Zealand — Derek Underwood, Ian Botham, Wasim Akram and Dale Steyn.
# Martin Guptill’s 72 is his third fifty in seven Tests vs India in India. His first two fifties were 85 at Hyderabad in November 2010 and 53 at Bangalore in August/September 2012.
# Guptill’s 72 is his 20th innings of fifty-plus in Tests — three hundreds and 17 fifties.
# Ross Taylor’s 12th duck in Tests is his second vs India. For the first time, he has recorded two ducks in a Test series.
# Tom Latham has registered his third fifty in the present series. He has recorded a fifty in each of the three Tests — 58 at Kanpur; 74 at Kolkata and 53 at Indore.
# For the second time in a Test series, Latham has posted three fifties — the first instance being vs West Indies in 2014.
# Luke Ronchi has recorded his first duck in Tests.
# The top two run-scorers for New Zealand in the present series are — Latham (188 at an average of 37.60) and Ronchi (185 at 37.00).
# Guptill and Latham were involved in a stand of 118 for the first wicket — the first century stand for the opening wicket by a visiting pair in 10 Tests in India — the last century partnership being 139 between David Warner and Ed Cowan for Australia at Mohali in March 2013.
# James Neesham enjoys an excellent batting record vs India in Tests — his aggregate being 241 in three innings –the scores being 33 & 137 not out at Wellington in February 2014 and 71 at Indore.
# Neesham’s 71 is his fourth fifty in Tests – his first vs India.