The newly appointed selection committee will perform its first task tomorrow when it picks the India squad for the five ODIs against New Zealand.
It is likely to be a straight forward exercise for the MSK Prasad-led panel with most players selecting themselves.
M S Dhoni will be back as captain for the series beginning in Dharamsala on October 16. He would be keen to return to field considering India are not playing much of limited overs crickets this long home season comprising 13 Tests.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Rookie Karnataka opener Mayank Agarwal could be a beneficiary because of the injuries to KL Rahul and Shikhar Dhawan. Left-handed faiz Faxal, who scored a 50 on his ODI debut in Zimbabwe could also be in contention.
It remains to be seen whether Gautam Gambhir can make a comeback in the limited overs but Agarwal, who has scored runs for India A in a tri-nation last year apart from heavy scoring in Duleep Trophy is a candidate.
What could help Agarwal or Gambhir is the fact that Dhawan, who suffered a minor fracture on his left thumb in the second Test, ruling him out of action for at least 15 days.
India last fielded a full-fledged squad in Australia where they lost five-match series 1-4. In June, Dhoni led a second string side to Zimbabwe.
Manish Pandey is expected to retain his place in the side and so is young pacer Barinder Sran and Jasprit Bumrah.
Pandey’s Karnataka teammate Karun Nair might make the cut after being named as Dhawan’s replacement for the third Test in Indore.
The all-rounder’s battle will be between Hardik Pandya and Stuart Binny. Irfan Pathan was adjudged best all-rounder in JP Atray tournament in Chandigarh recently and has been named the captain of the Baroda Ranji team.