Suresh Raina has been ruled out of the remaining two ODIs against New Zealand. Raina failed to recover from viral fever as India decided not to make any change to the squad that has taken a 2-1 lead in the ongoing five-ODI series.
“The All-India Senior Selection Committee has decided to retain the same 14-member squad for the remaining two matches of the five-match Paytm ODI Trophy against New Zealand,” the BCCI said in a statement.
“Suresh Raina is still to regain his full fitness and has been ruled out of the remainder of the series,” it added.
Raina was brought back into the ODI side after a gap of one year. He made his last ODI appearance in October 2015, after which he was dropped for the ODI series against Australia and India’s tour of Zimbabwe earlier this year besides the two-match T20 series against the West Indies in USA.
India lead the series 2-1 after registering a seven-wicket win over the Kiwis in the third match in Mohali.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The remaining two matches are scheduled to be held in Ranchi (October 26) and Visakhapatnam (October 29).
MS Dhoni, who made 80 runs from 91 balls and shared a 151 runs third-wicket partnership with Virat Kohli, will lead the team and will be playing at his home town.
The Squad: Mahendra Singh Dhoni (C), Rohit Sharma, Ajinkya Rahane, Virat Kohli, Manish Pandey, Hardik Pandya, Axar Patel, Jayant Yadav, Amit Mishra, Jasprit Bumrah, Dhawal Kulkarni, Umesh Yadav, Mandeep Singh, Kedar Jadhav.