On the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti and second anniversary of Swach Bharat Abhiyan, India Test captain Virat Kohli and BCCI president Anurag Thakur extend their support in Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s cleanliness drive towards Clean India, as the duo swept the stands at the Eden Garden during the 2nd Test of India against New Zealand.
“On the occasion of #GandhiJayanti- BCCI President Lt. @ianuragthakur, @imVkohli & #TeamIndia take part in #SwachhBharatAbhiyan #MyCleanIndia,” BCCI posted a video on its twitter handle.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
— BCCI (@BCCI) 2 October 2016
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan or Clean India Campaign on this day in 2014.
Team India with an over-all lead of 339 will continue its second innings on Monday with Wriddhiman Saha on 39 and Bhuvneshwar Kumar on 8 at the crease. The hosts need to win this match to regain ICC Test ranking top spot from its arch-rivals Pakistan.