India opener Shikhar Dhawan was taken to a city hospital for scans on his left thumb which was hit twice by New Zealand pace spearhead Trent Boult in the ongoing second cricket Test.
“Shikhar was taken for a scan. We are just assessing,” said India’s media manager after the hosts ended the day with 227/8 in the second innings, taking an overall lead of 339 runs.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Left-handed opener Dhawan took blows on his bottom hand thumb twice with the ball rising awkwardly. He survived some anxious moments, managing to open his account after 14 balls, and the swollen thumb had to be taped.
He was soon rushed to a city hospital for x-ray and the reports are awaited.
It remains to be seen whether he’s able to take the field when New Zealand bat in the second innings but from the team’s perspective, it would not be a concern as he had finished his batting.
Leading 1-0 in the three match series, India are eyeing a series-sealing victory in Kolkata Test, which will take them to number one in Test rankings replacing Pakistan.