Test captain Virat Kohli went past the century mark on the first day of the second Test match between India and England. This is Kohli’s 14th Test century and first against England. He came in to bat after India lost Murali Vijay and the score was 22/2. He went on to put 209 runs for the third wicket along with Cheteshwar Pujara, who himself scored his 10the Test century.
Virat Kohli got to the total in 154 balls. He also smashed 11 fours on his way to the century. This is Kolhi’s third Test century of the year. His previous tons in the year came up against West Indies and New Zealand. Both were converted into double centuries, making him the first Indian captain to have gone beyond the 200-run mark twice in Test matches.
India started the day precariously. KL Rahul, who was making his comeback into the Test setup after being laid off due to a hamstring injury, was dismissed by Stuart Broad in only the second over of the day for a duck. Murali Vijay was dismissed two overs later by James Anderson and India hence lost both their openers within the first five overs of the day. Kohli and Pujara then stabilized the innings.
The effect of the early loss of wickets was nullified by the two as they stabilized the innings and put up a 70-run partnership by lunch. Kohli and Pujara continued in the same fashion in the second session. By tea, they had put up 188 runs for the third wicket, thereby taking India’s total 210/2 in 56.2 overs. The hosts were tottering at 22/2 before the end of the fourth over.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest