Statistical highlights of the opening day’s play of the fourth Test between India and England at Old Trafford.
# Mahendra Dhoni has now posted eleven fifties against England – the most number of half-centuries by any batsman against any opponent without recording a hundred. South Africa’s Dave Nourse had registered ten fifties against England.
# Dhoni is the eighth wicketkeeper/batsman to amass 1,000 runs in Tests vs England – his tally being 1048 (ave.32.75) in 20 Tests. Rodney Marsh (Australia) had managed 1633 (ave.27.21) in 42 Tests – a record by a wicketkeeper/batsman vs England.
# Stuart Broad’s excellent figures of six for 25 are the third best by an England bowler against India at Old Trafford next only to the 8 for 31 by Fred Trueman in 1952 and 7 for 52 by Alec Bedser in 1946.
# Broad has registered his best bowling figures in a Test innings against India, eclipsing the six for 46 at Nottingham in 2011. His figures are his third best in Tests, next only to the seven for 44 vs New Zealand at Lord’s in 2013 and seven for 72 vs West Indies at Lord’s in 2012.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
# Broad’s 12th instance of five wickets or more in an innings is his second in Tests.
# India (152) have recorded their third lowest completed innings total against England at Old Trafford – the lowest is 58 and 82 in 1952.
# Murali Vijay has posted his second duck in Tests – his first vs England.
# Cheteshwar Pujara has recorded his first duck in 39 innings.
# Virat Kohli has posted two ducks for the first time in a Test series,
# For the second time in India’s Test innings, three batsmen out of the top four have been dismissed without scoring – the first occasion being in the second innings of the Leeds Test in 1952.
# Four wickets down for just eight runs is India’s third worst score – the worst being without any score on the board in the second innings against England at Headingley in 1952 and six runs in the first innings against England at The Oval in 1952.
# Four out of the top seven batsmen have been dismissed without scoring for the second time in India’s innings – the first occasion being in India’s innings of 165 vs England at Leeds in 1952.
# Dhoni, with his seventh half-century in England, has emulated a record for most fifties by a wicketkeeper against England in Tests in England. South Africa’s John Waite had also posted seven against England in England.
# Dhoni’s 71 off 133 balls is his 32nd half-century in Tests – his eleventh against England. He has become the first Indian captain to record five fifties in Tests in England, bettering Sourav Ganguly’s four.
# Six batsmen have registered ducks for the fourth time in a Test innings – the first three instances were Pakistan against West Indies at Karachi in 1980-81; South Africa against India at Ahmedabad in 1996-97 and Bangladesh against West Indies at Dhaka in 2002-03.
# Ravindra Jadeja has recorded his second duck in Tests – both overseas – one each against South Africa and England.
# Ravichandran Ashwin has registered strike rate of 95.23 during his innings of 40 off 42 balls – the sixth highest by India’s number eight batsman outside Asia – the highest being Kapil Dev’s 161.81 during his outstanding knock of 89 off 55 balls at Lord’s in 1982.
# James Anderson has set a record for bowling most balls for England in Tests – 21910, overtaking Derek Underwood’s tally of 21,862 balls.