Statistical highlights of the third day’s play of the fourth Test between India and England at Old Trafford.
# Moeen Ali has bagged 19 wickets at an average of 22.94 runs apiece. His tally is the second highest by an England spinner against India in England – the best is 20 (ave.13.30) in three Tests by Ray Illingworth in 1967.
# Stuart Broad’s seventh Man of the Match award in Tests is his second against India – all seven at home – three at Lord’s and one each against Manchester, The Oval, Chester-le-Street and Trent Bridge.
# In a winning cause, Broad has claimed 138 wickets at 22.13 runs apiece in 31 Tests. His aggregate includes seven instances of five wickets or more in an innings and two instances of 10 wickets in a Test match.
# An opening pair is without a fifty overseas for India in 31 innings – the last opening stand of fifty away from home being 63 between Gautam Gambhir and Abhinav Mukund against England at Lord’s in 2011.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
# An Indian opening pair had failed to register a fifty-run stand in six previous tours to England.
# Pujara has not performed up to the mark during the series – his tally being 207 in eight innings at an average of 25.87. His batting average (22.25) in Tests in 2014 so far is his worst in a calendar year (minimum qualification: two Tests) – his aggregate being 267 in 12 innings, including a
# Pujara, in six losing Tests, is averaging 27.83 – his aggregate being 334 in 12 innings, including a century and a fifty.
# England’s superb win by an innings and 54 runs is their 12th by an innings margin against India – their second at Old Trafford, Manchester – the first was by an innings and 207 runs in 1952.
# India have not won a single Test match at Old Trafford, losing four and drawing the remaining five.
# England, after gaining a 200-run first innings lead, have not lost a Test match, winning 129 and drawing 37 out of 166 contested.
# 14 times, India have lost a Test within three days, including six times in England.
# Jos Buttler (70 off 130 balls) has recorded his second fifty in a row – his first was (85) on Test debut vs India at Southampton.
# Jos Buttler and Joe Root were involved in a partnership of 134 – England’s highest seventh-wicket partnership against India at Old Trafford. England’s highest seventh-wicket partnership in Tests at Old Trafford is 142 between John Emburey and Jack Russell vs Australia in 1989.
# The highest seventh-wicket partnership at Old Trafford is 160 (unbroken) between Sachin Tendulkar and Manoj Prabhakar in 1990. In all, five century stands have been registered for the seventh wicket – four for England at Old Trafford.
# Joe Root (77 off 161 balls) has recorded his seventh fifty in Tests – his fourth against India. He has amassed 369 runs at an average of 73.80 in four Tests, including a century and three fifties – his best performance in a Test series.
# Pankaj Singh has taken 69.2 overs to capture his first Test wicket – his victim being Joe Root.
# The just concluded Manchester Test has recorded 195.1 overs – the fewest in a result-oriented Test involving England and India.
# The Indian players faced 89.4 overs in the Test – the second lowest faced by them against England behind the 58.1 overs faced in the 1952 Old Trafford Test while posting 58 and 82.
# Pankaj Singh got a pair in the Test, providing the 51st instance in a Test match for India.