Statistical highlights of the first day’s play of the second cricket Test between India and England at Lord’s.
# Ajinkya Rahane (103) posted his first hundred against England — his second in Test Cricket — the first was 118 vs New Zealand at Wellington in February 2014.
# Rahane became the fifth number five batsman to record a hundred for India in Tests in England, joining Mohammad Azharuddin (twice), Polly Umrigar, Vijay Manjrekar and Sourav Ganguly.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
# Rahane became the fourth Indian batsman to post a Test century on his first appearance at Lord’s, joining Sourav Ganguly, Dilip Vengsarkar and Ajit Agarkar.
# Murali Vijay became the first batsman to amass 200 runs in the current series — his aggregate being 222 (ave.74.00), including a hundred and a fifty.
# Stuart Broad became the eighth England bowler to complete 250 wickets in Tests — his tally being 251 (ave.30.43) in 71 Tests.
# James Anderson, with Shikhar Dhawan’s wicket, has established a record for the highest wicket-aggregate in Test matches in England.
# Anderson’s present tally is 233 at an average of 27.06 in 55 Tests, eclipsing 229 (ave.20.04) in 47 Tests by Fred Trueman.
# Anderson became the top wicket-taker in Tests at Lord’s — his aggregate being 72 at an average of 24.51 in 16 Tests. He has surpassed Ian Botham’s tally of 69 wickets (ave.24.53) in 15 Tests.
# Anderson became the leading wicket-taker for England in Tests against India — 65 (ave.29.52) in 16 games. Derek Underwood and Bob Willis had captured 62 wickets each against India.
# Virat Kohli (25 off 34 balls) has recorded his highest score in Tests in England.
# Rahane and Bhuvneshwar Kumar were involved in a stand of 90 for the eighth wicket — India’s highest partnership at Lord’s — India’s third highest stand for this wicket in England.
# Kumar has recorded 58, 63 not out and 36 in consecutive innings of 30-plus — a feat achieved by him for the first time. He is averaging 78.50 in the present series — his tally is 157.