KL Rahul has come back into the India squad for the on-going five match Test series against England with the opening batsman included in the second Test to commence from November 17 in Visakhapatnam. Both teams have already reached the largest city in Andhra Pradesh after the first Test had ended in a nervous draw for India.
Rahul returns to the mix after missing the last six weeks, during which the national team played three Test matches, due to injury. He returned to the middle in the Ranji Trophy contest for Karnataka against Rajasthan and scored 76 from 85 balls in the first innings followed by an unbeaten 32 in the second innings. His stay in the middle was watched by chairman of selectors MSK Prasad and selector Sarandeep Singh. With a perfect return to action, KL Rahul made the noise at the right mark. To aid his recovery process, Rahul had the BCCI physio look at his movement and rehabilitation process.
The inclusion leaves two options for the Indian selectors and Virat Kohli going into the Visakhapatnam Test. It could either mean axing of Gautam Gambhir who had a disappointing stay at the crease in Rajkot. But with the initial squad announced for two Test matches, dropping the axe on the Delhi player would be a harsh decision and somewhat hasty.
The other option would be to play six batsmen after the second innings collapse in the Rajkot Test which nearly brought about an England win until Kohli and Ravindra Jadeja calmed things down in the final session.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched