Before the start of the India-England Test series, there was a lot of talk if Hardik Pandya will a get look-in or will Karun Nair make his debut first. Both of them were not picked in the playing XI for the first two Tests in Rajkot and Visakhapatnam respectively. But then came Mohali.
Karun Nair became the 287th player from India to make his Test debut as India decided to play him in the third Test against England in Mohali. An injury aggravation to KL Rahul made Nair’s debut possible.
The debutant received the cap from Sunil Gavaskar as India were made to bowl first.
Nair has played 37 first-class matches and scored 2845 runs at an impressive average of 52.68. Ever since he broke into the Karnataka Ranji team, Nair has been on the India radar.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The Karnataka batsman has impressed one and all with his batting ever since he broke into the Ranji team in 2013-14. That season was fruitful for him as well. He helped his team end a 15-year wait for a Ranji title. He scored centuries in the quarter-final and semi-final.
In the IPL, Nair was bought by Delhi Daredevils for a whopping four crore rupees which is significant given his base price was Rs 10 lakh. He had already established himself as a T20 cricketer during his stint with the Rajasthan Royals, where he even opened the batting.
KL Rahul got his first India call up in 2015 when he was asked to join the team in Sri Lanka in place of Murali Vijay but he did not make his debut there.
However he will have to wait it out to make a mark with the bat after England chose to bat first when Alastair Cook won the toss.