Statistical highlights of the second cricket One-day International between India and England at Sophia Gardens, here on Wednesday.
# Suresh Raina’s 100 off 75 balls is his first century outside the sub-continent. His fourth hundred in ODIs is his first vs England.
# Raina has been adjudged the Man of the Match for the tenth time in ODIs – his fifth award vs England.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
# Raina, during the course of his completed his 1,000 runs vs England in ODIs – his aggregate being 1098 (ave.47.73) in 29 games.
# Raina has become the third Indian batsman after Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan to record a hundred at Cardiff.
# Raina became the sixth Indian batsman to amass 1,000 runs against England in ODIs. He has joined Sachin Tendulkar (1455), Yuvraj Singh (1313), Mahendra Singh Dhoni (1180), Rahul Dravid (1012) and Virender Sehwag (1008).
# Raina, in a winning cause in ODIs, has amassed 3012 runs (ave.49.37), including three hundreds and 23 fifties, in 114 matches.
# Ravindra Jadeja (4/28) has recorded his best bowling figures vs England in ODIs.
# Jadeja has captured four wickets or more in an innings six times in ODIs. His only five-wicket haul is five for 36 vs West Indies at The Oval on June 11, 2013.
# India’s win by 133 runs is their biggest by runs’ margin vs England in England in ODIs, surpassing the 63-run victory at Birmingham on May 29, 1999.
# India’s victory is their second biggest by runs margin over England in ODIs – the biggest being by 58 runs at Rajkot on November 14, 2008.
# India have won three ODIs out of four at Cardiff – one each vs Sri Lanka, England and South Africa. They lost one at this venue – to England.
# England’s defeat is their first in ODIs at Sophia Gardens, Cardiff. In all, they have won four and lost one out of eight contested at this venue (NR 3).
# England have never chased a score of 300 or more in ODIs in England. They could chase 300 successfully twice – 306 for five against Pakistan at Karachi on October 24, 2000 and 301 for nine against West Indies at Bridgetown on April 21, 2007.
# India (304/6) have posted their third total of 300 at Sophia Gardens, Cardiff. They had scored 331 for seven vs South Africa on June 6, 2013 and 304 for six vs England on September 16, 2011.
# Mahendra Singh Dhoni is the third Indian skipper to have played 100 ODIs or more overseas, joining Mohammad Azharuddin (116) and Sourav Ganguly (110).
# Rohit Sharma (52 off 87 balls) has posted his 23rd fifty in ODIs – his second vs England. He had managed 83 off 93 balls against England at Mohali on January 23, 2013.
# Raina and Dhoni were involved in a stand of 144 – India’s third century partnership for the fifth wicket against England in England – the highest is 169 between Dhoni and Raina at Lord’s on September 11, 2011.
# Dhoni’s splendid 52 off 51 balls is his 55th fifty in ODIs – his tenth against England.
# Chris Woakes (4/52) has recorded his best bowling performance vs India. The figures are his second best in ODIs behind the 6 for 45 vs Australia at Brisbane on January 30, 2011.
# James Anderson has failed to take a wicket on 16 occasions while conceding 50 runs or more in an innings in ODIs.
# Raina-Dhoni pair is the first pair to amass 2,000 runs for the fifth wicket – their aggregate being 2091 (ave.53.61) in 45 innings.
# Jadeja has averaged 83.50 in six innings in ODIs in England – his aggregate is 167, including a fifty.
# Jadeja’s average is the fourth highest by any batsman in ODIs in England (minimum six innings) – the best being 96.00 by Lance Klusener – his tally being 384 in twelve innings (eight times not out), including three fifties.
# Mohammed Shami (2/32) has recorded his best bowling figures vs England in ODIs.