BCCI announced the squad for India’s remaining three Test matches against England on Tuesday. Gautam Gambhir has been dropped for the remainder of the series while Bhuvneshwar Kumar has been brought back into the 16-man squad. Shikhar Dhawan also has not been given a place in the squad.
KL Rahul has been retained in the squad that is largely the same as the one that played in the first two matches. Gautam Gambhir, who had played in the first Test was replaced by KL Rahul in the second Test when the latter regained full fitness after sustaining an injury in the previous Test series against New Zealand. Jayant Yadav and Hardik Pandya, both of whom made their Test debuts in the first Test at Rajkot, have retained their spots.
India have taken a 1-0 lead in the five-match Test series after thumping England in the recently concluded second Test by 246 runs. Captain Virat Kohli continued his fine run of form by scoring 167 and 82 in the match, effectively becoming the biggest contributor to the victory. His performance also let him break into the top 5 of the the ICC Rankings for Test batsmen. The victory in Visakhapatnam was preceded by a drawn Test in Rajkot.
The third Test, starting on 26th November, will be played at Mohali. This will be followed by matches at the majestic Wankhede stadium in Mumbai and finally, the series will wrapped at Chennai where the two teams will face each other at the Chepauk stadium. The five-match Test series is the first leg of England’s tour of India which will be followed by three-match ODI series and two T20 matches.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More