* Ajinkya Rahane (111 off 108 balls) has posted his highest score in ODIs – his second century. He had scored 106 off 100 balls vs England at Birmingham on September 2, 2014.
* India have won both the games when Rahane recorded hundreds.
* Rahane has got his fourth Man of the Match award in ODIs – his first vs Sri Lanka. He has received three awards in ODIs in 2014.
* Rahane and Dhawan were involved in a stand of 231 – India’s second highest for the first wicket against Sri Lanka behind the 252 between Sachin Tendulkar and Sourav Ganguly at Colombo (RPS) on July 7, 1998.
* The above partnership is India’s third highest for the first wicket in ODIs. Tendulkar and Ganguly were involved in a stand of 258 vs Kenya at Paarl on October 24, 2001 – the highest opening partnership for India in ODIs.
* In all, four double century stands have been registered for the first wicket for India in ODIs
* The match-winning 231-run partnership is India’s first double century stand in five years. The last partnership of 200 was 201 (unbroken) between Gautam Gambhir and Virender Sehwag vs New Zealand at Hamilton on March 11, 2009.
* Ishant Sharma (4/34) has recorded his best bowling figures in ODIs, surpassing the 4 for 38 vs Australia at Melbourne on February 10, 2008.
* Ishant has recorded five instances of four wickets in ODIs. He enjoys an impressive bowling record vs Sri Lanka – 41 wickets (ave.24.58) in 23 matches.
* Among the bowlers with 100 wickets or more in ODIs without a five-wicket haul, only Malcolm Marshall (WI) has produced more four-wicket hauls (six).
* India’s magnificent 169-run victory is their second biggest in terms of runs against Sri Lanka in ODIs behind the 183-run win at Johannesburg on March 10, 2003.
* India (363/5) have posted their joint-third highest total against Sri Lanka in ODIs. Their highest total is 414 for seven at Rajkot on December 15, 2009.
* India have won all 20 games when they totalled 350 or more.
* India’s tally of registering 350 or more 20 times is the most by a team in ODIs.
* Wriddhiman Saha, for the second time, has effected four dismissals in an ODI. He has first achieved the feat vs Bangladesh at Dhaka on June 17, 2014.
* Shikhar Dhawan (113 off 107 balls) has recorded his sixth hundred in ODIs – his first against Sri Lanka.
* Both the Indian openers have registered hundreds in the same innings for the sixth time in ODIs- the second instance against Sri Lanka – the first occasion being Sourav Ganguly (109) and Sachin Tendulkar (128) at Colombo (RPS) on July 7, 1998.
* India have registered 28 opening partnerships of 150 or more in ODIs – the highest by a nation. South Africa, with 20 such stands, have the next best tally.
* Suresh Raina became the twelfth player to have appeared in 200 or more games for India.
* The above list does not include Zaheer Khan, who has played 194 ODIs for India and six for Asia XI.
* Raina became the eleventh batsman to amass 5,000 runs or more in ODIs. His ninth fifty vs Sri Lanka is his 32nd in ODIs.
* Thisara Perera has conceded 20 runs in his seventh over – the most conceded by him in an over in ODIs.
* Randiv (10-0-78-3) has conceded 70 or more runs for the first time in ODIs.