In a fresh twist to the alleged altercation between James Anderson and Ravindra Jadeja, it has come to light that there is no video evidence of the incident for which a preliminary ICC hearing will be conducted on Tuesday in London. (Must read: Witnesses Ashwin, Gambhir add weight to Jadeja story)
According to a report in ‘ESPNCricinfo’, “Indian officials have questioned why crucial video footage that could have shed light on the alleged altercation between James Anderson and Ravindra Jadeja is not available.” (Full incident: Anderson faces up to four-Test ban for ‘pushing, abusing’ Jadeja)
The incident occurred during the lunch break of the second day’s play in the opening Test in Nottingham. The Indians have alleged that Anderson pushed and abused Jadeja, while the English have also counter-charged the visiting all-rounder.
The hearing under the ICC’s Code of Conduct will be held over teleconference with Australian Gordon Lewis presiding over it. (Read More: ICC appoints Lewis to hear case against Anderson)
“While players from both teams are set to provide conflicting evidence, India have requested that footage from a video camera situated just outside the dressing rooms where the incident occurred be made available. (Dhoni says: Good on Jadeja’s part to not do something in retaliation)
“A Nottinghamshire spokesman confirmed that a camera had been installed in the relevant area but insisted that it had not been active at the time,” the website reported. (Cook says: Anderson charge is a tactic by India)
The Indians are not too amused but the England and Wales Cricket Board and Nottinghamshire have denied tampering with evidence, the report stated. (India have blown-up Anderson-Jadeja issue: Vaughan)
Only In The Express