England all-rounder Stuart Broad has ridiculed the Trent Bridge pitch, on which India managed to post a mammoth 457, saying even the spin-friendly Indian tracks would have been faster than the wicket on offer during the first cricket Test here.
English bowlers had to toil hard for nearly two days to bowl India out but not before the visitors had on board a commendable 457 in their first innings.
“Indian wickets are faster than this wicket. But we didn’t get frustrated with it, we weren’t moping or swearing around, we were just trying to get wickets,” Broad said.
“As a fast bowler you want to see a slip cordon and a gully. It was quite different and hard bowling with three catchers in cover,” he said.
“It was a little bit frustrating. After 50 overs, the ball goes really soft and there’s nothing in the pitch so you try to bowl different lengths and mix them up with bouncers and keep it full. Trent Bridge has come out and admitted their mistake and apologised for it.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
This ground is known for its exciting cricket and we just hope other grounds don’t follow suit. We can’t say any more than that,” he added.
“We tried different things, bowled short and full, bowled with different field settings. But they kept it out so well.
And it was our best bowling session, with 90/4, so we cannot be too hard on ourselves. The good thing is that the score is just 460 runs and not 600 runs which it could have been easily on that wicket,” said Broad.
England’s first innings didn’t begin very well as they lost skipper Alastair Cook’s for just five runs, bowled by Shami.
“When you are going through a rut, things can really go against you. You can count on your fingers how many batsmen get out like that? Instead usually you see it played for just one run.
These things happen. But we have the batting to keep India out of the game. Ben Stokes comes to bat in at number eight so we could tire out the opposition as well,” said the all-rounder.
“Someone like a Sam Robson is not bothered about scoring and looks to bat and bat. So this pitch might just suit some of our batsmen as well,” Broad signed off.