England fast bowler Stuart Broad, who suffered a fractured nose on Saturday, was named in an unchanged 13-man squad for the fifth and final test against India at the Oval next week.
Broad, who took six for 25 in India’s first innings to win the man of the match award, retired injured while batting after being struck in the face by a Varun Aaron bouncer, with the ball splitting his nose after becoming lodged in his helmet.
The 28-year-old, who will have an operation on his troublesome right knee after the test series against India, later left for X-rays that showed he had fractured his nose.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) said Broad “will be treated over the course of the week and the medical team anticipates he will be available for the fifth test”.
“Little bit sore this morning but not too bad! Doc did a great job with the stitches. On to The Oval! (With a mask),” Broad tweeted on his verified Twitter account (@StuartBroad8).
The hosts thrashed India by an innings and 54 runs inside three days in the fourth test at Manchester on Saturday to go 2-1 up in the series.
Squad: Alastair Cook (captain), Moeen Ali, James Anderson, Gary Balance, Ian Bell, Stuart Broad, Jos Buttler, Steven Finn, Chris Jordan, Sam Robson, Joe Root, Ben Stokes, Chris Woakes