India opener Rohit Sharma will miss the next three one-day internationals and the one-off Twenty20 game against England with a finger injury and will be replaced by Murali Vijay, the Indian cricket board (BCCI) said on Friday.
“Rohit Sharma has sustained a fracture on the middle finger of his right hand, and has been ruled out of the ongoing ODI and T20 International series against England, as a result,” BCCI secretary Sanjay Patel said in a statement.
Sharma scored 52 in India’s 133-run win in the rain-marred second one-dayer at Cardiff on Wednesday to help the visitors go 1-0 up in the five-match series. Nottingham hosts the next match on Saturday.
Vijay, a right-hander like Sharma, opened in the five-match Test series which England won 3-1.
He was India’s highest scorer in the Test series with 402 runs at an average of over 40-plus including a century in the first Test.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest