India opener Rohit Sharma will miss the next three one-day internationals and the one-off Twenty20 game against England with a finger injury and will be replaced by Murali Vijay, the Indian cricket board (BCCI) said on Friday.
“Rohit Sharma has sustained a fracture on the middle finger of his right hand, and has been ruled out of the ongoing ODI and T20 International series against England, as a result,” BCCI secretary Sanjay Patel said in a statement.
Sharma scored 52 in India’s 133-run win in the rain-marred second one-dayer at Cardiff on Wednesday to help the visitors go 1-0 up in the five-match series. Nottingham hosts the next match on Saturday.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Vijay, a right-hander like Sharma, opened in the five-match Test series which England won 3-1.
He was India’s highest scorer in the Test series with 402 runs at an average of over 40-plus including a century in the first Test.