The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) said Thursday it has signed a binding agreement with the BCCI, in which the two countries will play six bilateral series over the next eight years under the new future tours program.
The PCB said in a statement from Lahore that it had made extraordinarily gains at the International Cricket Council’s (ICC) annual meeting in Melbourne, which included the agreement with India.
“Of the three major concessions that PCB Chairman Najam Sethi was able to secure to Pakistan’s great advantage are:
After N Srinivasan’s election as the first ICC Chairman in a landslide, India has officially turned the MOUs signed earlier this year with regard to six rubbers between the two nations into binding agreements straightaway,” the statement said.
“Four of these will be hosted by the PCB in the UAE or Pakistan with mutual consent. The six tours are now part of the Future Tours Programme and are to be played from 2015 to 2023,” it said.
The PCB said another major achievement was the ICC agreeing to grant Pakistan the fourth rank after the ‘Big Three’ – India, England and Australia – in terms of the percentage of revenue to be received from the ICC in the next eight years from broadcasting and other rights on ICC fixtures.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“The third big recognition is, the ICC confirming Pakistan to get the position of the global body’s President for one year with effect from June 2015,” it added.
Pakistan had under the supervision of Zaka Ashraf (former Chairman) initially opposed the governance changes and new
financial model brought forth by India, Australia and England.
But when Najam Sethi replaced Ashraf and represented Pakistan at the last ICC meeting, he said Pakistan would conditionally support the changes in return for concessions. One of which was the MOUs signed with the Indians for the six series.
India has not played a full bilateral series with Pakistan since 2007, although in December, 2013 Pakistan toured India for a short one-day series.
Sethi said in a statement that the present situation completely different from the situation when Pakistan stood utterly isolated before he (Sethi) was appointed Chairman by the Patron, Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif in the second week of February.
“The PCB had organised itself and planned to get maximum advantage for Pakistan cricket from an extremely precarious
position. We have accomplished all our objectives. And I am positive that in the times to come Pakistan cricket shall greatly benefit from what PCB has been able to obtain for it today,” Sethi said.