In an unusual occurrence, India were handed a five-run penalty after Ravindra Jadeja got a second warning for running on the pitch on day two of the third cricket Test against New Zealand here today.
The hosts were penalised in what turned out to be the penultimate over of the innings which was declared at 557 for five in 169 overs.
Jadeja, facing pacer Trent Boult, ran straight down the middle of the pitch attracting a second warning from umpire Bruce Oxenford and with it a penalty of five runs for his team.
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
As a result of the penalty, New Zealand were awarded five runs even before the start of their first innings.
Quite a lot of rough was generated towards the end of day’s play, encouraging Indian spinners R Ashwin and Jadeja himself.