India go top of the ICC Test rankings after their victory against New Zealand in the second Test in Kolkata. India took the attack to the opposition on Day 4 to dismiss New Zealand for a total of 197 giving India a win by 178 runs. This was enough for India to overtake arch-rivals Pakistan in the rankings.
Pakistan’s ratings after their victory against England was at 111 while India, after their victory in the first Test in Kanpur was 110. With this victory, India are set to overtake their archrivals and reclaim the number one position in the rankings.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Pakistan next play West Indies in a three-match Test series on October 13 by which time India would have played out their series against New Zealand. This gives India a chance to go further ahead of Pakistan and consolidate their position at the top.
India had earlier topped the Test rankings when they won a four – match series against West Indies 2-0 but Pakistan’s draw against England in a four-match series was enough for them to overtake India. India
Although they started on a rocky note, India went on to dominate the first Test match against New Zealand in Kanpur, incidentally their 500th match in the longer format. India defeated the visitors decisively by 197 runs. New Zealand captain Kane Williamson opted to sit out of the second Test and India continued in the same vein, and set up a target of 376 runs that proved to be insurmountable for the visitors.
India and New Zealand now play their third and final Test in Indore. Following the ODI and T20 series against New Zealand, India resume their Test season when they host England for a gruelling five-match series starting from November.