MINUTES AFTER India blanked Australia for the first time in their backyard and topped the world T20 rankings, skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni delivered a “great speech” in the dressing room, urging the team to “carry the same momentum” in the games leading to the T20 World Cup next month. (REPORT: India win thriller)
“Post match, he gave a great speech, a motivational speech which lasted for more than 20 minutes,” a source told The Indian Express.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
“He stressed on the importance of this series win and that India has never played cricket like this against Australia at their home. He said the batsmen have been on a great run and that everybody should know the importance of a whitewash. It was the first time many of them have seen such success and Dhoni wanted them to understand the significance of this series win,” said the source.
Dhoni stressed on building momentum from the 3-0 series win. “He told everyone that India should now take the advantage of the form into the coming series ? three T20s against Sri Lanka at home and the Asia Cup in Bangladesh. He doesn’t want the team to slip from here. He stressed that players should retain the same confidence in the next series. He wants to carry the same momentum,” said the source.
The T20 series was significant for Dhoni and the team after the 4-1 loss in the ODI series earlier, where his bowlers let him down and his form came under scrutiny. But the reversal of fortunes after the fourth ODI appears to have silenced Dhoni’s critics for the time being.
Team director Ravi Shastri, too, chipped in with a small speech, where he complimented the ‘tigerish’ spirit of the players.
“He told them that none of the past players, not even the greats of Indian cricket, could achieve what they have. He said that India played a hard brand of cricket against Australia and the team gave back in the language Australians understood. Shastri said that India has never played such cricket before and it will leave a great mark on world cricket. He said India was always looked upon as a team that did well in the sub-continent, but this team will change the mindset,” the source said.