For their two-and-a-half month road trip, the longest away assignment in recent times, the Indians have landed in England with a jumbo tour party. Maybe, a bit too big.
During the first Test, at the Nottingham team hotel, 21 rooms were occupied by the non-playing members of this traveling group.
Accompanying the 18-member squad, an unprecedentedly high number, are coaches, managers, logistics staff, helping hands, children and, for the first time, WAGs — including not just wives, but a girlfriend too.
But more about the ‘G’ in WAG soon.
Considering this is a five-match series squeezed into 42 days, a majority of the 15-member support staff are specialists to take care of exhausted bodies or the walking wounded. Local hands have been hired to help the team’s regular ‘body caretakers’ Evan Speechly (physio), Ramesh Mane (masseur), and Amit Shah (sports masseur).
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Ball thrower Raghavindra continues to travel with the Indian team in the post-Gary Kirsten era. Then, there are trainers, assistant coaches, a computer analyst, and Rahul Dravid, the team’s batting consultant. Plus, there is the team bus driver, luggage in-charge and security staff, all of them making for a crowded contingent.
Among the family members of the cricketers on this tour are Vijay’s wife Nikita and son Naveen. The team’s fielding coach had his wife, son and daughter at the team hotel at Nottingham. Cheteshwar Pujara is traveling with his wife, and so is Gautam Gambhir, who also has his three-month-old daughter with him.
In a departure from the past, Virat Kohli has been allowed to have girlfriend Anushka Sharma around. While the team management didn’t comment on the issue, it was learnt that Kohli has got the BCCI’s permission. A cricketer in the company on a Bollywood actress, as a rule, attracts an army of onlookers with autograph books and cameras. No wonder there is quite a crowd around this Indian team.