Back in 2000, Jaywant Lele probably became the first man to deny a quote he gave to a television news channel. “I have been misquoted on television,” was his contention. Fourteen years since the late BCCI secretary’s famous faux pas, a former cricket administrator from across the border ended up with his foot in the mouth to equally hilarious effect.
Ex-Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chairman Ijaz Butt, speaking outside Lahore’s Gaddafi Stadium, had barely managed to contain his disgust towards the ganging up of BCCI, ECB and CA while orchestrating the now contentious ICC revamp when he called the three boards ‘sons of pigs’. It was a comment uttered in Punjabi, resulting in a lot of raised eyebrows, especially from the new PCB boss Najam Sethi, who standing next to him.
Butt had earlier requested the media to keep the statement off record, funnily with at least 10 cameras trained on him and a dozen microphones spread infront of him.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
“Listen don’t quote me but in my personal opinion all three are sons of pigs,” he had said. He was quick to retract his statement, claiming, like Lele, that his quotes had been twisted. But it was too late for Butt, as his infamous ‘porky’ views had by then gone viral all over the internet.
Incidentally, he had aired his sentiments moments after a meeting Sethi where he discussd ICC’s structural changes. The Pakistan board were quick to distance themselves from their erstwhile chief’s judgements of the ‘big three’ leaving him standing tall as the ‘Butt’ of the cricket world’s jokes