Back-to-back victories in the ongoing World Twenty20 have certainly brought about a distinct change in the body language of Indian cricketers as the whole bunch looked in good mood during their afternoon training session here today.
The team management gave a couple of days rest to the players as they had played four matches (including the two warm-up games) in a span of six days.
The rest must have helped them recharge their batteries as the team had a good two-and-a-half-hour training here as players enjoyed the popular Punjabi and Bollywood chartbusters that was being played during the session at the BCB Cricket Academy ground adjacent to Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium.
The kind of music played at times indicates the mood in the camp. No marks for guessing the team’s mood when ‘Ho Jayegi Balle Balle’, ‘Khalbali hai Khalbali’ and ‘Chaiyya Chaiyya’ blared from the karaoke box.
As far as the training was concerned, there was nothing different from earlier sessions but consecutive victories against quality opposition like Pakistan and West Indies have certainly helped their confidence.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Football always kickstarts Indian team’s practice session and it was more fun as the players enjoyed their time.
Skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni, by a distance the best ‘Indian footballer’ in the current team scored an opportunistic goal. It was from an angular through pass and Dhoni came from nowhere to slot the ball home with his first touch. You had to applaud his presence of mind.
It was nice to see under-pressure Yuvraj Singh enjoy a decent hit at the nets and looked in good mood as he got a good ‘rub-down from masseur Ramesh Mane or ‘Mane Kaka’ as he is popularly known in Indian cricket fraternity. He was seen chatting with Shikhar Dhawan for a long time before he again got into the nets. This time he was bowling to the likes of Ravindra Jadeja, Amit Mishra and Ravichandran Ashwin.
Mohammad Shami should not be rested, says Ganguly
It’s not known whether Shami has heard what ‘Dada’ had said but he was like a workhorse at the nets today.
Among the pacers, Shami put in the maximum effort at the nets as he took short breaks and came back again to bowl for a period of time.
Dhoni, as usual, looked in good touch at the nets and once the session was over, he was engrossed in his i-Pad before having a chat with coach Duncan Fletcher sitting inside the shade.
Ajinkya Rahane’s chances of playing in the tournament seemed gradually evaporating as he went into bat only after the top eight of the first XI had their hits. By the time he was ready to have a go at the nets, Varun Aaron had bowled a lot of deliveries and was looking a bit tired.
There were net bowlers but one can be rest assured that their quality will certainly ensure that you have not got a decent hit. After a century in his last international game (Test vs New Zealand), it is difficult to sit out if you have been a decent enough performer in IPL.