Pace bowler Lasith Malinga will lead Sri Lanka in the World Twenty20 semifinal against the West Indies on Thursday after captain Dinesh Chandimal opted out of the game.
Sri Lanka Cricket announced Chandimal’s decision on Twitter on Thursday.
Chandimal has been in indifferent form and had missed Sri Lanka’s last league game against New Zealand due to a suspension after the team was found guilty of maintaining a slow over rate for the second time in 12 months in Chandimal’s captaincy.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Sri Lanka had lost to the West Indies in the final of the 2012 edition.