A day after Darren Sammy and James Faulkner exchanged sledges via press conferences, the two met across 22 yards in the final over. Sammy, hitter of two sixes that gave the West Indies their highest run-chase in T20 cricket, claimed that the defending champions were the only side of the day that could walk their talk. Excerpts from the post-match press conference.
On hitting Faulkner for the winning runs
Cricket is a game of action. It all happens in the field. It feels good to come good when it mattered. I believe this win would hurt them and James Faulkner certainly wouldn’t like the West Indians.
On replying to Faulkner’s comments
It really feels better to hit a guy who was talking a lot.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
On the tension in the final over of the chase
I knew that I had to hit sixes (after not scoring off the first two deliveries of the last over). But then we are known as a six-hitting team (it was an apparent reference to Suresh Raina’s comments before India vs West Indies game earlier in the tournament). I am happy to have crossed the line today because the match was extremely important for both teams.”
On Chris Gayle’s angry Gangnam celebrations
Chris is the leader of our dancing group. We play with flair and love to celebrate our success.
On the opener finally finding form
As I had said Chris is hitting the ball well at the nets, and we all know how dangerous he can be if he is there at the wicket.
On hitting the Helicopter shot in the 19th over
I knew that he (Mitchell Starc) would be bowling fuller and I had moved towards off-stump. I would been out if I missed the line but it was one such day when it came off well. That’s why I say that cricket is played in the field. As far as the ‘Helicopter Shot’ is concerned, it will remain Dhoni’s shot.