Captain Brendon McCullum’s 65 powered New Zealand to a six-wicket win against the Netherlands and kept their hopes alive for a semi-final spot from Group One in the World Twenty20.
The Kiwis reached their 152-run target with an over to spare to bring up their second victory in three matches in the super 10 stage.
McCullum, the most prolific run-scorer in the shortest format of the game, hit four boundaries and three sixes during his 45-ball knock, also bringing up his 13th half century in T20 internationals.
The 32-year-old, who became the first batsman to cross 2,000 international runs in the format, stitched together meaty stands with Kane Williamson (29), Ross Taylor (18) and Corey Anderson (20 not out) to make it a comfortable chase for his side.
Paceman Timm van der Gugten took three wickets for 30 runs for the Netherlands.
Earlier, captain Peter Borren compiled his highest T20 score of 49 to anchor the Dutch innings and take them to 151 for four wickets after being put in to bat.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The 30-year-old hit seven fours and a six during his 35-ball knock and added 60 for the fourth wicket with Tom Cooper (40 not out) to give the Netherlands some momentum after a slow start.
Cooper hit four boundaries and two sixes during his 23-ball unbeaten stay at the wicket but New Zealand pulled things back with some miserly bowling in the death overs.