West Indian opener Chris Gayle sounded out a warning to the rival teams ahead of the World T20 by declaring that he can score a hundred irrespective of the conditions. And that he is the best spinner going around in the world at the current moment.
“I am a batsman (who is) capable of scoring a century in any conditions and on any wicket in the world. It will be nice to get more hundreds,” Gayle said with an air of confidence during an open media house. He was also in a mood to have a laugh or two. On his other job in the side, bowling off-spin, he said, “I am the best spinner in the world. I know you guys have not seen me for sometime but I have a secret weapon you know!”
Not long after he talked the talk, Gayle managed to walk it against England in a warm-up game in Fatullah on Tuesday. Chasing 132 to win, Gayle, who opened the innings for the West Indies, smacked an unbeaten 38-ball 58, including six fours and two sixes. The defending champions won by seven wickets. Gayle did not bowl in the first innings.
Holland begin with big win over UAE
Sylhet: Stephan Myburgh smashed his maiden T20 international half-century and medium fast bowler Ahsan Malik grabbed 3-16 in the Netherlands’ convincing six-wicket win over United Arab Emirates in the World Twenty20 Group B match. Myburgh blazed seven fours and two sixes in his 55 as the Netherlands eased to 152-4 with seven balls to spare after Malik’s three late strikes had bowled out UAE for 151 in 19.5 overs. The Netherlands joined Ireland at the top of Group B after the Irishmen stunned Zimbabwe by three wickets. Shaiman Anwar top scored with 32 for UAE as none of the middle-order batsmen could capitalize on steady starts. Myburgh and Michael Swart set the tone with a rollicking start of 69 runs off 40 balls with Tom Cooper remaining unbeaten on 34 off 26 balls.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Brief scores: UAE 151 all out in 19.5 overs (S Anwar 32, K Khan 31, Ahsan Malik 3/16) lost to Netherlands 152/4 in 18.5 overs.(S Muburgh 55, T Cooper 34*; K Shazad 2/19)