Mahendra Singh Dhoni, who led India to World Cup triumph in the inaugural edition in 2007, enjoys the shortest format of the game. A look at some interesting numbers.
* As skipper, Dhoni has registered five consecutive wins. The best being eight by England.
* Dhoni tops the list of the captains who have kept wickets. The Indian skipper has led India in 42 matches so far. He enjoys a healthy lead in this department as Sri Lanka’s Kumar Sangakkara is second best with 22.
* Surprise, surprise! Dhoni was out for a duck in his, and India’s, debut T20 match against South Africa in 2006.
We all know that the Ranchi dasher loves to get his runs in boundaries, especially in the shorter format, but how many goes over the fence? A look at the break up:
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The T20 World Cup brought Dhoni and his captaincy into the limelight. He has covered a lot of distance since then. A quick glance at his captaincy record in the shortest format
T20 World Cup has not been a happy hunting ground for the inaugural champions as they have failed to reach the final in the following editions. How well has our skipper performed, with the bat?
When India is on song, in the T20 format, not always the skipper contributes with the bat, at least with hits over and to the fence. How?
* In the match where India hit the most sixes in an innings – 13 – Dhoni didn’t hit any. The match was played against New Zealand in 2009.
* Even in the match where India hit the most fours in an innings – 23 – Dhoni could only hit 2 to the fence.