Mahendra Singh Dhoni, who led India to World Cup triumph in the inaugural edition in 2007, enjoys the shortest format of the game. A look at some interesting numbers.
* As skipper, Dhoni has registered five consecutive wins. The best being eight by England.
* Dhoni tops the list of the captains who have kept wickets. The Indian skipper has led India in 42 matches so far. He enjoys a healthy lead in this department as Sri Lanka’s Kumar Sangakkara is second best with 22.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
* Surprise, surprise! Dhoni was out for a duck in his, and India’s, debut T20 match against South Africa in 2006.
We all know that the Ranchi dasher loves to get his runs in boundaries, especially in the shorter format, but how many goes over the fence? A look at the break up:
The T20 World Cup brought Dhoni and his captaincy into the limelight. He has covered a lot of distance since then. A quick glance at his captaincy record in the shortest format
T20 World Cup has not been a happy hunting ground for the inaugural champions as they have failed to reach the final in the following editions. How well has our skipper performed, with the bat?
When India is on song, in the T20 format, not always the skipper contributes with the bat, at least with hits over and to the fence. How?
* In the match where India hit the most sixes in an innings – 13 – Dhoni didn’t hit any. The match was played against New Zealand in 2009.
* Even in the match where India hit the most fours in an innings – 23 – Dhoni could only hit 2 to the fence.